Have you been going to the gym three or four days a week, and now you’re ready to take things to the next level? Here is an excellent free 5-day workout plan that promises to get you looking like you actually lift!
Free 5-Day Workout Plan
This workout plan is a body part split where you will hit every primary muscle group once per week and every supporting muscle group twice weekly.
If you are just getting started, want to spend fewer days in the gym, or are trying to put weight on, you should check out our other free training plans.
5-Day Workout Schedule:
- Day 1: Chest and (Light) Triceps
- Day 2: Back and (Light) Biceps
- Day 3: Core, Forearms, Calves, and Cardio
- Day 4: Shoulders and (Heavy) Triceps
- Day 5: Legs and (Heavy) Biceps
- Day 6: Rest (Light core workout as an option)
- Flat Bench Press: 4 X 8–10
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 X 8–10
- Triceps Pushdown – V-Bar Attachment: 3 X 9–12
- Decline Dumbbell Flyes: 3 X 8–12
- Skull Crushers: 3 X 9–12
- Decline Bench Press: 3 X 8–10
- Seated Cable Rows: 2 X 8–10
- Front Lat Pulldown: 2 X 8–10
- Bent Over Barbell Rows: 2 X 8–10
- Hammer Curls: 3 X 8–12
- Deadlift: 2 X 8–10
- Barbell Curl (EZ-bar): 3 X 8–10
- Straight-Arm Pulldown: 2 X 8–10
- Concentration Curls: 3 X 8–12
- Crunches: 3 X 10–12
- Hanging Leg Raise: 3 X 10–12
- Planks: 3 sets maximum hold
- Palms-Up Barbell Wrist Curl: maximum reps for 3 sets. Begin with the bar, and add 2.5 or 5 lbs after each set.
- Seated Calf Raise: 3 X 8–15
- Palm Down Barbell Wrist Curls Over Bench: maximum reps for 3 sets. Begin with the bar, and add 2.5 or 5 lbs after each set.
- Smith Machine Calf Raise: 3 X 8–15
- 25 mins of cardio before or after your workout
- Seated Dumbbell Press: X 8–10
- Military Press: 4 X 8–10
- Dips: 4 X 8–10
- Side Lateral Raise: 4 X 8–12
- Standing Dumbbell Triceps Extension: 4 X 8–12
- Front Lateral Raise: 4 X 8–12
- Triceps Pushdown — Rope Attachment: 4 X 8–12
- Reverse Flyes: 4 X 8–12
- Shrugs: 3 X 8–10
- Squats: 4 X 6–8
- Wide-Grip Standing Barbell Curl: 4 X 8–12
- Leg Press: 3 X 8–10
- Spider Curl: 4 X 8–10
- Smith Machine Calf Raise: 4 X 8–12
- Lying Leg Curls: 3 X 8–12
- Machine Bicep Curl: 3 X 8–12
- Leg Extensions: 3 X 8–12
Free 5-Day Workout Plan Tips
Here are some ways to get the most out of this, or any training plan!
With any training plan, you need to focus on progressive overload if your goal is to make progress. Unfortunately, many casual gym goers will follow the same program with the same weight for months and wonder why they are no longer making progress.
Well, their muscles are used to that weight and are no longer stimulated by it.
Progressive overload is purposefully increasing the training load every time you train a muscle group. There are a few ways to do this: increase the weight, increase the reps, increase the sets and a few more ways you don’t need to worry about for a program like this.
If you can lift the weight for the prescribed reps, increase the weight. If you are stuck at a specific weight, try increasing the number of sets or reps.
If you are still stuck, you can use other methods like increasing frequency or caloric intake.
Don’t pick your weights for the free 5-day workout plan and then just stay at those weights. Keep them going up!
You may also like 9 Beginner Bodybuilding Tips For Fast Results
Rest For A Short Time
Keep rest times short if you are trying to get leaner. If you aren’t trying to get leaner, I recommend following another one of our free training plans rather than the free 5-day workout plan.
Eat Enough Food!
Check out our free calorie calculator if you need to figure out how much you should eat to reach your goals with this free 5-day training plan.
If you struggle to get in enough protein, we recommend these options.
Free 5-Day Workout Plan Summary
If you are trying to increase your training frequency, this 5-day training plan is a great option! However, this training plan requires considerable time and probably isn’t best for beginners.
Let me know your thoughts on this workout plan below, and don’t forget to subscribe for more free workouts, diet advice, and more!