Use this easy calculator to see exactly how much to lift on what days of the full Smolov Squat Program. You can learn more about the program here.
This is a 13 week program. If you want something shorter, the Smolov Jr. routine might be better. Use the Smolov Jr. Calculator here.
Just plug in your max and how much you want the weight to increase each week during the Base Cycle. We recommend using either 5 or 10 lb. increments.
How to Get the Best Results with Smolov Squat Calculator
1. Check Your Readiness: Before you, ensure you’re in good shape and free from injuries. If you’re new to lifting, it’s better to begin with easier workouts first.
2. Stick to the Plan: The program usually lasts for 13 weeks. Stick with it from start to finish. Changing it or quitting early won’t give you the best results.
3. Eat Right: Good food helps your muscles recover and grow. Eat enough, especially protein-rich foods like meat, beans, and nuts.
4. Rest Well: Sleep is super important for your body to recover. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
5. Warm Up: Before lifting heavy weights, warm up your muscles with lighter exercises. This helps prevent injuries.
6. Stay Consistent: Stick to the workout schedule. Missing sessions can affect your progress.
7. Listen to Your Body: If you feel pain beyond normal muscle soreness, it’s okay to take a break. Pushing too hard can lead to injuries.
9. Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water to keep your body functioning well during workouts.
By following these tips, you can maximize your gains with the Smolov Squat program calculator. Remember, consistency and patience are key to success.